Generating traffic for websites is one of the biggest challenges facing most website owners, bloggers, and marketers today. Still, it’s also one of the most valuable assets available to website owners to date.
Without traffic, you feel like you are in handcuffs.
Regardless of what you’re trying to sell or promote on your website, you can’t do it without generating quality traffic.
That is why I created this post to provide detailed information on how you can use industry experts to drive high-quality traffic to your website to convert your visitors into loyal customers. This post assumes you’ve covered the basics.
Keep in mind that some of these strategies may not work for all businesses in all niche markets.
How to Increase Website Traffic
- Socialize: Use social media channels to promote your newly published content. Create 10-20 different headline/description variations of your work and post cross-posts over a period of two weeks.
- Try Social Ads: When properly designed and optimized, Facebook and Twitter ads can be very effective, but affordable. With a small budget of $ 100 and precise targeting, you can get clicks, shares, and likes on hundreds of websites.
- Take advantage of StumbleUpon ads: not only can you post to StumbleUpon, but you can also use their advertising platform. It’s a quick, inexpensive way to get traffic to your blog post.
- Use Google AdWords: a traditional but very practical and effective way to drive traffic to your website. You only pay when someone enters a specific keyword and clicks on an ad (also known as PPC).
- Smart retargeting: Implement Facebook or Google Adwords retargeting to show ads to users who have already visited your website or who have taken certain actions on your website (e.g. bought a product or subscribed to a newsletter).
- Try Facebook and Instagram Live: Implement live streaming on social media to reach new audiences and get attention to your website through social media. Learn more about the undiscovered power of Facebook Live.
- Make content shareable on Reddit: Reddit doesn’t allow self-promotion, but you can share your content with others. Interesting content can attract thousands of new readers and increase traffic to your website.
- Invest in content discovery platforms: take advantage of paid content discovery networks like Outbrain and Taboola. These platforms promote content in renowned publications such as CNN, Business Insider, and Time.
- Don’t forget on-page SEO, don’t ignore the power of internal optimization: Optimize your content for search engines, add semantic keywords, add compelling meta descriptions, meta titles, and headings, and add image alt tags.
- Get Backlinks: Think about the power of backlinks and off-page SEO, one of the strongest ranking signals. Use tools like OSE and BuzzSumo to identify link opportunities, communicate manually, and create content that will attract inbound links. Do not buy or exchange links.
- Reduce Spam Links: If you’ve practiced spam link-building techniques or are concerned about your current backlink profile, check your links thoroughly and remove anything that interests you.
- Technical SEO functions are the backbone of any website: The code and scripts are clean and tidy, the redirects are in place (if used), the robots.txt file is not blocking any important pages or files, and the sitemap is generated. Make sure it has been sent to the search console, there is no meta robots, it is not damaged, etc.
- Schema Implementation: Use schema microdata to format website content to make it easier for search engines to crawl and index your pages. You also have the option to see it as a “rich snippet” in your search results.
- Focus on The Headlines: Work on creating attractive and compelling headlines. These are essential to attract potential visitors and increase your CTR (click-through rate). These should contain certain keywords, but the main focus should be on getting the search engine’s attention. Use these tools to get the headlines.
- Use long-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords are specific search phrases that usually contain 3-5 words and have a specific purpose. On its own, it has less search volume than a variety of keywords, but it still makes up the bulk of searches. Longtail Pro will help you find the best longtail keywords for your goal.
- Take a Keyword Survey: Take a comprehensive survey to find the most relevant keywords for targeting. Look for long-tail keywords that have a relatively high search volume and are not competitive. Tools like SEMRush, KWFinder, and Moz’s Keyword Explorer work automatically.
- Creation of Detailed Long-Form Content: Focus on creating excellent, highly detailed, long-form content. This method, also known as skyscraper technology, focuses on finding content that deserves links, creating better links, and reaching the right people to link to.
- Focus On The “Right” Content – Don’t just create content to post on your blog: Focus on content that is relevant to your audience, adds value, and educates your visitors.
- Post More Frequently: The idea of posting a 1,000-word blog post once a month won’t take your website that far. Traffic increases if you focus on creating detailed, well-researched blog posts of 3-4 (or better) quality per week.
- Guest Blogs: In addition to posting content on your website, it may be worthwhile to post articles on external high-authority websites such as Forbes, Business2Community, The Next Web, and HuffPost. This strategy is a great way to get high-quality backlinks, generate referral traffic, and establish your professional standing in your field.
- Accepting Posts: In addition to posting your content on external websites, it is a great way to allow guest bloggers to write blogs to increase traffic to your website and reach more viewers. The way (especially if you can get influencers to post).
- Track Referral Traffic: Create valuable content that people will want to link to. Not only do you get backlinks, but you also get high quality referral traffic from websites that mention your content. To that end, we’ve gained 150 referral visits from a single link to a backlinko post in the past three weeks. And that’s just a link …
- Monitor unlinked mentions: Monitor unlinked website mentions using tools like Google mentions and notifications. Then politely reach out to these people and ask them to add a link to the source (i.e. your website). Not only does this help you create better backlink profiles, but it also improves referral traffic and brand awareness.
- Post On Medium: Medium.com is a great blogging platform that allows you to read, write, and share content. You can use the “import” feature to share articles that you have already written on your blog. Add a handy “rel = canonical” tag to avoid duplicate content issues. Medium is great for reaching a wider audience and increasing traffic to your website.
- Update Posts: Very often your most valuable content is hidden behind your content page. Regularly update old posts, add new information, update statistics, and correct inconsistencies. If you think some of your posts are too short, try merging them.
- Using HARO: Help A Reporter Out is a great platform to connect you with journalists who are looking for professional help. It takes a few minutes to submit the proposal and, if accepted, it will be quoted. A great way to build strong inbound links, increase referral traffic, and get your name out there.
- Influencer Interview: people trust influencers. If you have the opportunity to interview influencers in your field, be sure to encourage those interviews.
- Create a Top List: If you think about it, the top list works like a charm. Make a list of the best tools, sources, and websites.
- Video Content Creation: Everyone is literally crazy about video content. Would you like to create a video version of your existing content simply by speaking to your camera and posting it to YouTube?
- Creation of visuals and infographics: People recognize and process visual data much faster than written content. So if you can paste the raw data into creative charts and infographics, you can share more.
- Content Reuse: Reach more audiences by converting existing content into interactive images, infographics, slideshows, and videos. Then share it between related platforms. Learn more about why and how you can redirect content.
- Creating Roundup Submissions from Experts: Essentially, Roundup Submissions consist of submissions from various experts. In fact, this post is an example of a summary post. In general, this type of content gets more exposure and is shared.
- Stay consistent: consistency is important! If you can’t stand the job, the real result won’t knock on the door. In order to generate a decent amount of traffic for your blog and gain notoriety, you need to be consistent with your blog’s efforts.
- Internal Linking: While this strategy should not be abused, internal linking is essential to direct users to relevant sources and keep them satisfied by reading more material. Not only does this add to your overall search ranking, but it can also increase page views.
- Encourage Email Marketing: Don’t underestimate the power of email marketing. Gather emails with lead magnets, registration widgets, and free tutorial downloads. Email marketing providers like getting Response, Aweber, and MailChimp can help you with that.
- Use Email Signatures: Include website and social media profile details in every email you send. This simple trick comes in handy when you have to reply to hundreds of emails every day.
- Join Quora and Other Q&A Communities: The key to building a strong community on your website is helping others. Join question and answer forums like Quora by answering questions and providing practical advice. People will appreciate your efforts and more will come to your website.
- Focus on Web Performance: Don’t ignore the importance of having an ultra-fast, high-performing website. Note that if the website doesn’t load within 3 seconds, 40% of users will leave. Also, website speed is a ranking factor that determines how much traffic a website can receive. Test your speed with tools like Pingdom and GTMetrix.
- User Experience: User satisfaction is a critical factor in website traffic and engagement. If your website is full of annoying interstitials, has autoplay videos, and is difficult to navigate, users can jump back and look elsewhere for answers.
- Mobile-Optimized Websites: In 2015, mobile search officially outperformed desktop search. It is therefore not surprising that at least 50% of potential customers use their mobile phones to search for information. So if you don’t have the right mobile version of your website, you are missing out.
- Integrate Accelerated Mobile Pages: If you have a high-traffic blog or media post, implement AMP to deliver ultra-fast and impressive load times for mobile users.
- Comment Marketing: There is a big difference between comment spam and comment marketing. Do not comment in order to present yourself as an expert, to add value, and to promote your product or service.
- Responding to Comments: As a website owner/blogger, the biggest mistake you’ve made is ignoring existing readers. Keep your visitors interested by joining the comments section, answering questions, and asking for suggestions.
- Use a content aggregator such as B. with Reddit: This strategy is often used as spam and should be used with caution. Submit content to aggregators like Alltop to increase your chances of being discovered by others.
- View Trends: Use tools like BuzzSumo and Google Trends to find the most shareable content in your trends. This will help you build momentum and create content on hot topics.
- Start Podcast: Have regular podcast sessions for insights into a specific topic. Whether you’re talking to yourself or interviewing influencers, podcasts are a great way to get noticed and drive traffic to your website.
- Host podcasts similar to web advertisers: Webinars are great for training viewers and sharing knowledge with others. Platforms like GoToWebinar can help you with this.
- Create freebies and contests: Contests are great for website building and social engagement. For small prices and smart advertising, you can get a lot of community engagement and website traffic. Platforms like Gleam help with this.
- Build a Community on Your Website: Every successful blog has its own community. Visit Smart Passive Income, ProBlogger, or Moz. They all have a large community of like-minded bloggers and marketers who want to learn something new every day. Hence, your focus should be on building your own community from the ground up.
- Creating tools, plugins, or themes: If you are a seasoned developer this is easy. You can increase traffic, awareness, and link load by creating helpful tools and plugins. This can also easily become one of your sources of income.