Let’s discuss the best keyword research tools for SEO.
What is a Keyword Research Tool?
Put simply, it is a tool that will help your target audience come up with ideas for the keywords they are looking for in search engines. These tools make it easy to find SEO keywords.
It also helps you find content ideas. On this basis, you can easily plan your content strategy. It can also be used for competitive analysis to find ranked keywords. You can then use these keywords to build and improve your content strategy and steal your traffic.
Why Keyword Surveys Are Important:
Keyword research is one of the most important parts of SEO. That’s because it helps people decide what to type in search engines. Without them, other factors like page optimization, SEO-friendly content related to SEO, etc. cannot be achieved. Keyword research is the fundamental foundation of SEO.
Imagine trying to write on any topic. The first thing you always want to understand is what your viewer really wants to read and how to use it. And which audience will read your article? Hence, this information can be gathered through keyword research.
You can then use it to understand who you are competing with. That means it helps to find out who is showing in which format at the top of the SERP. You can also use keyword research to easily explain whether your keywords are worth targeting.
Finally, it also helps to understand current trends. For example, you can use Google Trends to see when people search for that particular keyword. You can also see how popular it was in five years. Hence, you can use this information to plan your content and develop your marketing strategy.
SEMrush is a powerful SEO suite that comes with a comprehensive set of tools for performing keyword research.
- Easy to learn and use.
- Also known as the all-in-one marketing toolkit.
- Bulk analysis: You can search up to 100 keywords at the same time.
- Provides keyword difficulty analysis and organic traffic insights.
- SERP Breakdown Analysis – Provides up-to-date data on the top 100 competitors and their backlinks and organic position in SERP.
- You can also do keyword analysis based on geographic location.
Ahrefs is another recommended keyword research tool that is an all-in-one SEO toolkit. It’s the best alternative to SEMrush as it has many similar tools and features.
- Keyword Generator – Helps generate ideas for Google, Bing, and other search engines.
- Provides accurate keyword difficulty values
- Useful for organic search and reporting.
- We offer free study materials and a strong community and support.
- It also offers backlink analysis, SEO site auditing, and more.
3. Google search console:
Google Search Console is a free keyword search tool from Google that you can use to measure search traffic and your website’s performance. It will show you a lot of data on the keywords that you have already ranked.
- Search Analysis – Analyze website impressions, clicks, and placements in Google search.
- It also shows the keywords that your website ranks on average.
- Helps in submitting sitemaps and personal URLs for crawling.
- Warns you when problems arise and fix them.
- It comes with a search console training video tutorial in case you need it.
Ubersuggest is a free keyword research tool that entrepreneur Neil Patel acquired in 2017. It has since been significantly improved and incorporated into the Neil Patel website.
- The free version of Ubersuggest allows you to search for free three times a day.
- Shows the top 100 SERPs for each searched keyword.
- It also provides search volume counts for various keyword suggestions.
- The keyword difficulty can be measured based on the Pay Per Click (PPC) Difficulty of Payment (PD) and the SEO Difficulty (SD) ranking.
- Data reports can be exported by exporting to CSV or copying them to the clipboard.
- It also shows the score of the competition.
AnswerThePublic is another free keyword finder that helps you find long-tail keywords based on initial keywords. Keyword results can be displayed in question, preposition, or comparison format.
- Results can be viewed or viewed in data format.
- Easy to use and for beginners.
- Deliver raw search information instantly, right from the heart of your customers.
- This is a great tool for finding the long tail of LSI content and keywords.
- It also provides autocomplete data from search engines like Google to enable better content ideas.
6. Google Ads Keyword Planner:
Google Keyword Planner is another popular Google keyword research tool that provides keyword ideas from Google itself. This is a great tool for advertisers looking to place ads on Google.
- You can use it freely.
- Very beginner-friendly and easy to use.
- Great for advertisers to find keywords for ad targeting.
- Helps you find keywords with high search volume.
- Provides accurate search volume straight from Google.
- It also easily integrates with Google Ads.
7. Google trends:
Google Trends is a free Google keyword search tool that shows the relative search popularity of keywords over a period of time. You can see the trend for that particular keyword in different parts of the world.
Free and easy to use.
- Helps you find new keywords and search trends.
- You can use it to compare two or more keywords at the same time.
- You can also plan your content calendar based on your requests.
- We offer popular maps with real-time data from Google.
- You can see the popularity of keywords in different regions.
Keyword Tool is another SEO tool for keyword research that is the best alternative to Google Keyword Planner. Unlike the Google Keyword Planner, you don’t have to create an account or pay to use this tool.
- Easy to use with no problems.
- Provides a separate keyword tool for finding keywords from various search engines such as Google, Bing, Amazon, and YouTube.
- We offer keyword suggestions straight from Google Autocomplete.
- Helps you find long-tail SEO keywords.
- You can also download the data in CSV and Excel format.
Soovle is one of the best free keyword search engines out there. This is to provide keyword ideas suggested by multiple channels like Google, YouTube, Bing, Wikipedia, and Amazon.
- 100% free and easy to use.
- There is no way to filter the data as you can easily get it all at once.
- You can also choose your favorite keywords from any website and save them in Soovle Suggestions.
- You can download the sheet data individually, send it by e-mail or print it out directly.
- You can also get keyword suggestions from eCommerce sites like eBay, Amazon, and Walmart.
SpyFu is the best tool for analyzing competitor websites. Based on this, you can plan your strategy and be one step ahead of your competitors. You don’t need to sign up as you can try it out for free.
- It will help you understand your competition and find new areas to invest in.
- Track your keyword rankings.
- It also shows graphic images of organic and paid competitions based on common keywords.
- Help build better connections to generate more sales leads.
- Make the best recommendations for the keywords that you are missing.
- It also offers additional modules for detailed domain analysis.
11. Long Tail Pro:
Long Tail Pro is a top-notch keyword research tool that makes it easy to find non-competing keywords. So, you can use it to get high conversion rate traffic quickly.
- You can get up to 400 long-tail keywords from one keyword in less than a second.
- You can conduct keyword surveys based on the work of your competitors.
- An integrated rank tracker helps you to track the keyword rankings of your website.
- We also have a large library of video tutorials so you can get started quickly.
KWFinder is another keyword analysis tool that will help you find long-tail keywords that are less difficult for SEO. Developed by a well-known development team at Mangools.
- Easy to use user interface.
- It helps you find long-tail keywords that are less difficult to use for SEO.
- You can also find location-specific long-tail keywords for your website.
- This is a great tool for both novice and experienced users.
- You can use it to search for keywords in any language.
- It also offers filter options to narrow the list of keyword suggestions.
Serpstat is another great keyword analysis tool with SERP analysis, backlink analysis, keyword research, competitor research, and more. So it’s an all-in-one SEO platform.
- A simple interface with smooth functions.
- All-in-one SEO platform.
- Provides Keyword Search Volume, Competitor Score, CPC, and Keyword Difficulty Score.
- It shows the top 10 websites ranked by that keyword along with page rank, external backlinks, and referring domains.
- Provides an intuitive filter option that allows you to get your desired list of keyword sets.
- It also offers the ability to search Google or Yandex search engines.
14. Moz Keyword Explorer:
Moz Keyword Explorer is another great SEO tool for keyword research. It offers you a SERP analysis with a full set of detailed keywords and keyword research tools.
- We offer 10 free consultations per month to create a free Moz account.
- Accurately predicts the search volume a keyword will receive.
- Provides a full score so you can prioritize keywords by topic and save a list of keywords.
- You can also export the data to a properly formatted CSV file.
- Do a competitor keyword analysis.
- It also checks the difficulty of the keywords to show how easy it is to rank in each SERP.
WordStream is a free keyword search tool to help you find business keywords seamlessly. Provide keyword research related to Google Ads and Bing Ads at the same time.
- Fast, accurate, and easy to use.
- You can filter keyword results by industry and geographic location.
- You can also download the full list of keywords in CSV format and upload it directly to Google Ads for use in your next campaign.